AmeriCorps Positions for 2022-2023 are now open
Thank you for your interest in becoming an AmeriCorps Service Member. Positions are now open for 2022-2023. Please see the link below for openings.
Search for positions in Juneau. If you have any questions, or want more information about what it’s like to be a member, contact Juneau AmeriCorps at 907-463-1293
AmeriCorps is your moment to take the path less traveled, to break the status quo, to stop talking about the problem and be the solution. Join United Way of Southeast AmeriCorps Program and you can mentor and tutor kids, work with adults who are striving to get degrees or certificates, work in pre-school programs and at a STEM education program. Choose one that fits you!
- Juneau’s five elementary schools – Early Literacy Support Assistant
- Zach Gordon Youth Center – Life Skills Specialist
- Little Eagle and Raven Childcare - Early Childhood Literacy Support Assistant
- Alaska Housing Development Corporation – Community Connections Coordinator
- Juneau Suicide Prevention Coalition – Outreach and Training Coordinator
- Juneau Economic Development Council – Robotics
- Association for the Education of Young Children (AEYC)
Thank you to our host sites for your partnership!
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs that improve lives and fosters civic engagement. More than 75,000 Americans across the country participate in AmeriCorps each year. All of them tackle different community needs in different ways. Members commit their time to address critical community needs like increasing academic achievement, mentoring youth, fighting poverty, sustaining national parks, preparing for disasters, and more. No matter what you're passionate about, where you're from, or why you choose to serve, AmeriCorps is your chance to be the greater good.
Benefits of the program:
- Student loan deferment
- Skills and training
- Living allowance - $2,293.00 per month before taxes
- Health benefit options
- Childcare Assistance
- Annual Bus Pass
- Education Award of $6,495 upon completion of service to help pay for college, graduate school, or vocational training, or to repay student loans
- Gain valuable professional experience
- 11-month program with a minimum of 1700 hours
- Start Date – August 02, 2022 - End date approx. July 1st 2023
For more information contact:
If you would like more information about our AmeriCorps program, give me a call or email:
Lisa Bogert, AmeriCorps Program Director
United Way of Southeast Alaska
To apply, click here and search for AmeriCorps State/National positions
Program Type: AmeriCorps/State National
Program Name: Juneau
If you have any questions, or want more information about what it’s like to be a member, contact Lisa at 907-463-1293
To make our people safer, stronger and healthier; to strengthen our communities; and to Get Things Done for America.
Links about Juneau and United Way of Southeast Alaska AmeriCorps Program
Wikipedia page about Juneau
Sealaska Heritage Institute (Alaskan Native nonprofit in Juneau)
Juneau AmeriCorps Facebook page
Juneau AmeriCorps Instagram page
United Way of Southeast Alaska website
YouTube video “What is AmeriCorps?”
A list of parks and trails in Juneau
Information about hotels, restaurants, activities, and events in Juneau
YouTube video about Alaska’s legacy